We, Stelix Media Solutions Sdn Bhd [Company No.: 201901015628 (1324956-U)] respect the privacy of individuals with regard to personal data and are committed to protecting the privacy of our users/subscribers/customers (collectively, “Users”), and strive to provide a safe and secure user experience.
1) Information collected by the website
Our Websites’ servers do not automatically recognize specific information about individual users on our Website. In addition, our servers do not automatically record information regarding a User’s e- mail address unless the User supplies it.
The User-supplied information collected through the registration process is used to improve the content of our sites, or used for our marketing purposes. It is not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes unless specifically stated herein.
2) Purpose of Personal Data Collected
Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily on our Website and the other related channels may be processed and/or disclosed to our Vendors (as hereinafter defined) for the following purposes (collectively, “Purposes“):
- to direct market our products and/or services to you;
- to understand and analyse our sales, and your needs and preferences;
- to develop, enhance, market and provide products and services to meet your needs;
- to enable you to participate in promotions;
- to improve our services;
- to respond to your requests or complaints;
- to send you updates on products, news and event updates, rewards and promotions, special privileges and initiatives offered by Stelix Media Solutions Sdn Bhd;
- to comply with any regulatory, statutory or legal obligation imposed on us by any relevant authority.
We may typically collect the following Personal Data from or in relation to you:
- Phone number;
- Email address;
- Company name;
3) Use and Disclosure
We may disclose your Personal Data within Stelix Media Solutions Sdn Bhd in accordance with the terms and conditions set out herein.
We take every measure to provide a comparable level of protection for Personal Data should the information be processed by a Vendor.
We use and disclose aggregated non-personally identifying information collected through the Website as part of our organization’s process of constantly improving the Website, the products and services offered by Stelix Media Solutions Sdn Bhd.
4) Storage and Retention of Personal Data
Your Personal Data shall be stored either in hard copies in our offices or in servers located in Malaysia. It may be necessary to transfer your Personal Data to third party services providers based/located outside Malaysia. By continuing to use the Website, products and/or services of Stelix Media Solutions Sdn Bhd, you hereby consent to such transfer.
Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by us as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the Purposes stated in paragraph (2) above or as required to satisfy legal regulatory, accounting requirements or to protect our interests.
Save and except as provided in paragraph (11) hereof, we do not offer any online facilities for you to delete your Personal Data held by us.
5) How enquiry messages are being handled
We may preserve the content of any email that we receive.
The message content may be monitored by our service providers or employees for purposes including but not limited to compliance, auditing and maintenance or where email abuse is suspected.
6) Communication or Utilisation Data
Through your use of telecommunications services to access our Website, your communications data (e.g. IP address) or utilization data (e.g. information on the beginning, end and extent of each access, and information on the telecommunications services you accessed) are technically generated and could conceivably relate to Personal Data.
To the extent that there is a compelling necessity, the collection, processing and use of your communications or utilization data will occur and will be performed in accordance with the applicable data privacy protection legal framework.
7) Automatic Collection of Non-Personally Identifiable Data
When you access the Website and/or use of any product/services offered by Stelix Media Solutions Sdn Bhd, we may automatically (i.e., not by registration) collect, use and disclose non-personally identifiable data, including but not limited to information about your Internet browser and operating system, domain name of the website from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site and pages viewed.
We may use and disclose these non-personally identifiable data and share it within Stelix Media Solutions Sdn Bhd and/or third parties to inter alia; monitor the attractiveness of the Website and improve our performance/product/services/content on an aggregate, anonymize and non-personally identifiable basis. However, please be assured that this information is not intended to be used to personally identify you.
For example, we may collect:
- Device information— such as your hardware model, IP address, other unique device identifiers, operating system version, browser type and settings, such as language and available font settings, and settings of the device you use to access our Websites.
- Location information— such as your computer’s IP address, your mobile device’s global positioning system (GPS) signal or information about nearby WiFi access points and cell towers that may be transmitted to us when you use certain services.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Cookies. Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer when you visit the Websites. Cookies may be used to store a unique identification number tied to your computer or device so that you can be recognized as the same user across one or more browsing sessions, and across one or more sites. Cookies serve many useful purposes. For example:
- Cookies can remember your sign-in credentials so you do not have to enter those credentials each time you visit a Website.
- Cookies can help us and the Authorized Third Parties understand which parts of our Websites are the most popular because they help us see which pages and features users access and how much time they spend on the pages. By studying this kind of information, we are better able to adapt our Websites and provide you with a better experience.
- Cookies help us and the Authorized Third Parties understand which advertisements you have seen so that you don’t receive the same advertisement each time you visit our Websites.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but can be configured not to do so or to notify the user when a cookie is being sent. If you wish to disable cookies, refer to your browser help menu to learn how to disable cookies. If you disable browser cookies or flash cookies, it may interfere with the proper functioning of our Websites.
Beacons. We, along with the Authorized Third Parties, also may use technologies called beacons (or “pixels”) that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online content, videos, and emails, and can allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message, determine the time and date on which you viewed the beacon, and the IP address of your device. We and third parties use beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of the Website and products and/or services offered by Stelix Media Solutions Sdn Bhd.
9) Job Applicants
Personal Data provided in connection with an application for employment will be used to determine your suitability for a position with Stelix Media Solutions Sdn Bhd and, if applicable, your terms of employment or engagement.
Your information may also be used to monitor our recruitment initiatives and equal opportunities policies.
Your details may be disclosed to third parties to verify or obtain additional information including education institutions, current/previous employers and credit reference agencies. Credit reference agencies record these searches and you can contact us to find out which agencies we used. Unsuccessful applications may be retained to match your skills to future job opportunities.
Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than Personal Data sent or posted to the Websites, or any part thereof by Users will be deemed voluntarily provided to us on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis.
We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely without further reference to you.
11) Right of Access to Personal Data
Stelix Media Solutions Sdn Bhd [Company No.: 201901015628 (1324956-U)]
D-19-02, Sunway Nexis,
No.1, Jalan PJU 5/1, Kota Damansara,
47810 Petaling Jaya,
Last updated: 6 Jan 2021